Named using a derivative of the Native American word that signifies “the land of many rivers,” Idaho is one of the US states with the most miles of rivers. Idaho’s nickname’s “The Gem State.” That is due to a large number of natural resources available in the state.
Strains of gold, silver, copper, zinc, and cobalt are in the Idaho mountains. In addition to those, there are also many rare minerals such as star garnets, jade, opal, topaz, jasper, and zircon.
Idaho is also home to Hell’s Canyon, the deepest river gorge within the United States.
Let’s take a look at what the Gem State’s stance on the Southeast Asian gem kratom is.
Is Kratom Legal in Idaho?
Kratom is legal in Idaho. Idaho was reviewing a Kratom Consumer Protection Act bill in 2020 but it died.
On February 28, 2020, a new bill that intended to regulate kratom in Idaho was introduced. This bill aimed to introduce regulations that would ensure that vendors who sell or plan to sell kratom products:
- would register with the Idaho Department of Agriculture and pay associated fees,
- not prepare or offer for sale products that contain any substances included in the Idaho controlled substances or synthetic kratom alkaloids,
- ensure that each kratom product listed for sale should have a certificate of analysis from a third party independent laboratory,
- not sell any kratom products that have tested positive for salmonella, E. coli, and heavy metals such as lead, arsenic, cadmium, and mercury,
- label all kratom products,
- sell kratom products that contain no more than 2% 7-hydroxymitragynine of the entire alkaloid content,
- only sell kratom to individuals over the age of twenty-one,
- face administrative charges if they fail to comply with these regulations.
The bill died. As a result, kratom is legal but unregulated in Idaho.
Where to Buy Kratom in Idaho?
Since kratom is currently legal in Idaho, it is available for purchase in tobacco, vape, and herb shops across the state.
Nonetheless, there are certain benefits that come with buying kratom online. Trustworthy online vendors offer lab-tested kratom. Moreover, kratom from online vendors who import directly from the source spends less time in transit as well as warehouses. So, it tends to be more affordable as well as much fresher.
Check out or kratom product selection if you’d like to buy kratom online. If, however, you are interested in kratom legality in the US, please review this post or learn about active kratom bills in 2020.